Tel.: +36-1 327-3811
- CEU Summer University will reserve accommodation for those submitting the Housing forms, for which the link will be provided in the email notification letter sent to participants.
- Currently enrolled CEU students are requested to book their accommodation directly at email@example.com - they are eligible for the CEU student room rate.
- Not all participants will be accommodated in the same hotel, please check the locations below.
- Arrival and departure dates:
- Check-in date: the day before the course starts (e.g. if the course starts on Monday, the arrival day will be on Sunday)
- Check-out date: the day after the last teaching day (e.g. if the last day of the course is a Friday, the departure day will be on Saturday).
Accommodation grant recipients
For those who have been awarded an accommodation grant, it covers housing expenses only for the course period and can only be used in the hotel designated for the course. Participants are expected to cover extra days, extra persons and room upgrades. In case you wish to bring a guest, or wish to book an extended stay, you need to cover all extra expenses.
You can book your accommodation in the same hotel where scholarship participants are staying. If you’d prefer to stay someplace else, please mark it in the Accommodation Booking Form (link will be provided in the email notification letter). You can CLICK HERE to explore alternative accommodation options for apartment rentals or hotels.
Please do NOT include accommodation costs when you transfer the tuition fee. Accommodation costs should be paid upon arrival at the hotel either in cash or by credit card. In case you have a sponsor covering your accommodation expenses who would prefer to transfer the amount in advance, please contact the Summer University staff at firstname.lastname@example.org .
CEU Residence Center (Kerepesi út 87, Budapest, H-1106; Tel. +36 1 327 3150; Fax +36 1 327 3169; E-mail: email@example.com )
The CEU Residence Center is a modern, air-conditioned hostel about 40-45 ride (bus+metro) away from the downtown CEU campus where classes are held.
Special SUN room rates:
- Single room: 28 euro/night with breakfast
- Shared double room*: 17 euro/night/person with breakfast
Shared double rooms are for 2 persons with 2 single beds, and a bathroom and toilet that roommates share.
Star Inn Hotel (Dessewffy u.36. Budapest H-1066; Tel.+36 1 472 20 20 )
The Star Inn Hotel is located right in the heart of Budapest, only a 15-minute walk from CEU.
Special SUN room rates:
- Single room: 50 euro/night with breakfast
- Double room: 60 euro/night with breakfast
The FINA World Championship will be held in Budapest from July 14 - 30 July. All hotel room prices will be higher during this period.
Hotels by courses
- Some courses have a funding scheme that allows them to offer their accommodation grant recipients single room occupancy in the Center.
- If your course provides a grant for shared double rooms but you do not wish to stay with another person, you can ask for a single room upgrade at your own expense.
- Self-funded participants may opt for the room type they prefer.
CEU Residence Center - single room
- Romani Identities
- Summer Institute -The role of early childhood development
- Summer Institute - Inclusive Education
CEU Residence Center - shared double room
- Constitution-building in Africa
- Jews and Christians
- Media Capture
Star Inn Hotel Budapest Centrum – single room
- Strategic Human Rights Litigation
Star Inn Hotel Budapest Centrum
Self-funded participants need to make their own reservations in the Star Inn hotel in case they wish to stay there:
- Precautionary Principle (restricted number of rooms available on a first come- first served basis)
Participants of the courses below are encouraged to book their accommodation in the CEU Residence Center as well. If, however, they prefer to stay elsewhere, they can CLICK HERE to explore alternative accommodation options for apartment rentals or hotels.
- Placing Students in the Center
- Geospatial Technologies
- Disaster Risk Reduction
- Mediation Theory and Skills
- Creative Cognition
- Ontology and Metaontology