Participants need to book accommodation in the CEU Residence Center themselves. We will provide the link to the Housing Form after the notification of acceptance.
It is important that all participants fill in and submit the Housing form as
- we can secure accommodation for participants only in case the Residence Center staff registers a submitted room request
- booking confirmations (for visa applications or personal needs) can be requested from the Residence Center staff in the same form
- self-funded participants can register for the waiting list for a vacancy in the period when the Residence Center is fully booked and can accommodate scholarship participants only. (See more information below.)
Please submit the Housing Form upon confirmation of your attendance. If you wish to modify your choice later, you will be able to do so by sending an email to email@example.com.
Arrival and departure dates
- Check-in date: the day before the course starts
(e.g. if the course starts on Monday, the arrival day will be on Sunday)
- Check-in time: 14:00
- Check-out date: the day after the last teaching day
(e.g. if the last day of the course is a Friday, the departure day will be on Saturday).
- Check-out time: 11:00 a.m.
The CEU Residence Center is a modern, air-conditioned hostel about a 40-45-minute ride (bus+metro) away from the downtown CEU Budapest site where classes are held. The rooms have their own bathrooms. Prices include continental breakfast.
Currently enrolled CEU students are eligible for the CEU student room rate and are requested to book their accommodation directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Take a virtual tour of the Residence Center!
Accommodation grants cover housing expenses in a single or shared double room, (depending on the type of awarded grant) only for the course period, and can only be used in the hotel designated for the course. Participants are expected to cover extra days, extra persons, and room upgrades. In case you wish to bring a guest or wish to book an extended stay, you need to cover all extra expenses.
Vacancies in the Residence Center between June 26 - 30
Due to the lack of vacancies at the end of June, we cannot, unfortunately, guarantee accommodation for self-funded participants of the courses below. They can request rooms in the Residence Center via the Housing Form, but we can only put them on a waiting list. We will notify them if/when vacancies occur.
- Global Education Policy Implementation
- Movements of Music: Migration, Diaspora and Cultural Heritage
- Professional Development in University Teaching and Learning
Vacancies in the Residence Center after June 30
During this period, self-funded participants can book their accommodation in the CEU Residence Center where scholarship participants are staying. In the Housing form, you have the option to mark your need for a shared double room provided there is another participant during the same period who would take up the other half of the room.
Vacancies in town between July 21-23
Budapest will host the Formula-1 Race. Therefore, a couple of days before, during, and after the Race, room rates will be much higher than usual, and hotel rooms may be difficult to book for that period.
- Holocaust Testimonies and Their Afterlives
- Contemporary Issues in Ontology and Social Ontology
- Magic and Witchcraft: History and Global Perspective
- Geospatial Technologies for Building Resilience
- Repowering Leadership in European Energy and Food
We advise non-scholarship participants of these courses to look for alternative accommodation options as soon as possible.