You can apply via the CEU SUN Online Application Form. Below is the list of the documents you may need to prepare for applying. Courses vary a great deal, therefore, for course-specific application requirements please consult these specified on the relevant course web pages.
Academic Writing Submission(s)
All summer courses require one or more pieces of academic writing for the application, such as a statement of purpose, research proposal, academic essay on a given subject, writing sample, etc.
Personal Statement on Financial Aid
Those who are eligible and wish to apply for financial aid should specify their reasons in this section of the application form.
Instead of a letter of recommendation to be uploaded by a referee, most courses request the following information to be included in the Statement of Purpose: a name, contact email, and phone number of a person (a faculty member, job supervisor, etc.) who can be contacted by the course directors to attest to the applicant’s abilities, qualifications, and academic/professional performance.
Curriculum Vitae or Resume
Please upload an updated CV or resume, including a publication list if available. CEU accepts all commonly used CV/resume formats.
Proof of English Proficiency
Please indicate your level of English proficiency and provide proof where requested
- My first language is English.
- I have earned a BA degree (or above) taught exclusively in English.
- I studied English as a foreign/second language. As proof of your English language proficiency, please submit a scanned copy of one of the following:
a) a TOEFL or IELTS score or any other English language exam certificate; or
b) a writing sample in English, or
c) if none of these are available, please upload your brief assessment of your English language skills.
Completed CEU Application Form
We strongly advise the use of Google Chrome to enable the full functionality of the form.
- You may apply to a maximum of two summer courses. In case of being admitted, you can only attend both if the two courses do not overlap in time. Financial aid, if available, is only granted to attend one course.
- If you applied to CEU before, please use your existing login and password to start a new application. If you do not remember your password from last year click on Forgotten Password. With technical problems, bugs, or errors related to the online application forms please contact the CEU IT Help Desk.
- All application materials must be submitted with the online application form(s). Materials sent by postal mail, electronic mail, or fax are not considered.
- The maximum allowable file size for upload is 2MB per file and the acceptable file formats are PDF, JPG, and JPEG. Ensure all security features (e.g. passwords and encryption) are removed from the documents before uploading them.
- Applications cannot be edited after submission. Please submit your application only when it is 100% final and complete.
- Further user instructions for the online application are included in the form itself. Should you have questions regarding the application form, check the relevant Frequently Asked Questions.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
If you need help or more information during the application process, please feel free to contact the SUN staff via email.
The SUN Office will notify applicants about the selection results in April. Please check the 'Dates and deadlines' section on the relevant course websites for notification deadlines planned earlier or later. The final decision is not open to appeal.