Do I need a visa?
Please check if your country falls under visa obligation.
How to start the visa application?
On receiving the notification about being accepted for the CEU Summer University program, please start preparing for your trip by checking the following links:
- Hungarian Embassies worldwide
- Embassies issuing visas for Hungary (in case there is no Hungarian Embassy in the country of your residence)
What to do and when?
- The Summer University Office provides the official invitation letter in the form of an offer, downloadable for admitted applicants from the Applicant portal. Please make sure you accept the offer on the Portal.
- On accepting the offer, you will get to the Onboarding page where there will be different tasks to complete, including the visa section and the housing form. Please fill them in.
- Secure your visa interview date. You can do it via the relevant Embassy website right after getting your notification of acceptance. The earliest visa appointment date you can request is 6 months before the date of your travel.
- Check visa application requirements.
- Room reservation letters can be requested via the housing form in case you stay in the CEU Residence Center. If you stay elsewhere, you can ask your hotel to send it to you.
Your visa can be refused if you do not provide all required documents, or if you are late with the submission of the documents. We strongly advise you not to buy your ticket before receiving the visa, as we cannot reimburse you for the canceled travel costs.
The SUN Office will contact all relevant Embassies to support participants’ visa applications.