All enrolled Summer University participants must have adequate health insurance for the duration of their stay in Hungary as a condition of their participation in the program. Participants will be responsible for taking out their own insurance policy and also making sure their insurance covers emergency medical costs during their stay in Hungary. Please note that the Summer University office cannot help you in evaluating your insurance policy, therefore you need to consult your insurance provider for such information.
If it is difficult to find a reliable insurance company in your country, you can purchase your insurance online (it is obligatory for your visa application). We recommend checking this website where you can select from various insurance plans valid in the Schengen countries.
Once you have purchased your insurance please submit it during your Onboarding process on the Applicant Portal (available for SUN participants only).
Upon arrival, during the registration participants will be required to sign a declaration about their medical insurance.
Submitting Your Insurance
Insurance copies should be submitted to the SUN office via the Applicant Portal, during the Onboarding procedure. Please make sure that the scan/photo of your insurance is readable good quality. If you have difficulty uploading the document, please send it by email to your coordinator or the SUN office at email@example.com.
Alternative Insurance Options
- Citizens of the European Union may bring their valid European Health Insurance Card. However, EHIC provides only basic coverage (coverage for emergencies only).
- Those insured by the Hungarian Social Security system can provide their TAJ number.
- If insurance is a service included in your credit card account, please provide us with the contact information of your provider’s Assistance Line.
Medical Services at CEU
Summer University provides its participants with basic medical services free of charge. In case of a health emergency or unexpected health events as well as experiencing symptoms of illness, participants can contact the Medical Service on campus.
Contact the CEU Medical Center
In non-urgent cases:
- Visiting personally: Before visiting the Medical Center please book an appointment via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Teleconsultation: email@example.com or call: Dr. Monika Horvath +36-1-327-3815
In case of emergency (outside office hours and only for CEU affiliates):
- Medical advisory phone: (+36 30) 175 3148
Regular opening hours during the Summer University (until 31 July 2022)
Monday: 9:00 - 12:00 AM
Tuesday: 1:00 - 4:00 PM
Wednesday: 11:00 AM - 3: 00 PM (only Teleconsultation with Dr. Monika Horvath)
Thursday: 9:00 - 12:00 AM