All enrolled Summer University participants must have adequate health insurance for the duration of their stay in Hungary as a condition of their participation in the program. Participants will be responsible for taking out their own insurance policy and also making sure their insurance covers emergency medical costs during their stay in Hungary. Please note that the Summer University office cannot help you in evaluating your insurance policy, therefore you need to consult your insurance provider for such information.
If it is difficult to find a reliable insurance company in your country, you can purchase your insurance online (it is obligatory for your visa application). We recommend checking this website where you can select from various insurance plans valid in the Schengen countries.
After accepting our Offer Letter you will be required to sign a declaration about your insurance on the Onboarding page of the Applicant Portal.
Alternative Insurance Options
- Citizens of the European Union may bring their valid European Health Insurance Card. However, EHIC provides only basic coverage (coverage for emergencies only).
- Those who are insured by the Hungarian Social Security system and possess a valid TAJ number do not need to purchase a separate insurance policy.
- If insurance is a service included in your credit card account, please make sure you have with you the contact information of your provider’s Assistance Line.
We suggest that you always have your insurance policy copy in case an emergency arises.
Medical Services at CEU
Summer University provides its participants with basic medical services free of charge. In case of a health emergency or unexpected health events as well as experiencing symptoms of illness, participants can contact the Medical Center (Nador utca 9.)
Contact the CEU Medical Center
In non-urgent cases:
- Visiting personally: Before visiting the Medical Center please book an appointment via email@example.com
- Teleconsultation: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: Dr. Monika Horvath +36-1-327-3815
In case of emergency (outside office hours and only for CEU affiliates):
- Medical advisory phone: (+36 30) 175 3148
Regular opening hours during the Summer University (until 31 July 2022)
Monday: 9:00 - 12:00 AM
Tuesday: 1:00 - 4:00 PM
Wednesday: 11:00 AM - 3: 00 PM (only Teleconsultation with Dr. Monika Horvath)
Thursday: 9:00 - 12:00 AM