Custom courses in cooperation with partner institutions
CEU offers thematic Short Study Programs for institutional partners that combine rigorous academic courses with a carefully selected range of cultural and social activities, in and around Budapest. These programs offer opportunities to experience an American-type classroom environment, learning through discussion and critical thinking at one of the most international universities in the world, and to discover a great European city with a lively cultural and social life.
CEU Short Study Programs, conducted in English, are tailored to the interests and needs of each partner organization.
Tailor-made courses can be offered for credit or for audit, to undergraduate or graduate students, in a range of study fields including:
- Business Studies including Business Analytics and Big Data Management
- Cognitive Science
- Comparative History and Medieval Studies
- Cultural Heritage Studies
- Gender Studies
- Economics - Global Economic Relations
- Environmental Sciences and Policy
- Human Rights
- International Relations
- Nationalism Studies
- Political Science
- Public Policy
- Sociology and Social Anthropology
Social and Cultural Activities
CEU study trips offer leisure programs, tours, day trips, visits to companies, and civic engagement opportunities with NGOs, each designed according to the preferences of the partner institution.
- Graduate-level university accredited in the United States, Austria, and Hungary. Undergraduate degree programs will have been launched in 2021.
- English-language bachelor, master's and doctoral programs in the social sciences, the humanities, law, management, and public policy
- One of the most densely international universities in the world with students and faculty members from more than 100 countries
- A university that combines the comparative study of the region's historical, cultural, and social diversity with a global perspective on good governance, sustainable development, and social transformation
- CEU ranks among the best 100 universities worldwide, according to U-Multirank’s 2019-2020 World University Rankings.
- Ranks among the top 160 universities in Europe, according to The Times Higher Education
- State-of-the-art new buildings designed to promote sustainability and classrooms with the latest technology
- Student-oriented university where students receive personal attention and support in all aspects of their lives
Find out more about CEU's students, faculty and how the university works.
Budapest, the capital of Hungary, is a vibrant and beautiful city located on both sides of the River Danube: hilly residential Buda, with Ottoman-era thermal baths, the royal palace and Matthias Church; and busy Pest, with its treasure of museums and historical buildings, colorful ruin pubs and beautiful pedestrian streets peppered with shops and eateries. The vivid cultural scene includes world-class festivals, theaters, concert halls and sporting events, as well as a wide variety of international foods as well as delicious Hungarian cuisine. With as many sunny days as some Mediterranean resorts and a host of low-cost airlines serving the city, Budapest offers countless opportunities for local activities and easy travel to international destinations.